Hi Dolls, *
I recently got sent a Tria Beauty Age Defying laser to trial and today I am going to give you my first impressions and some information on this little laser. As my skin is aging far more rapidly than I would like I feel that now is really the time to ramp up my skincare and I now know I should have actually started looking after my skin much much sooner than I did. Prevention is absolutely the key. Sadly my investment in skincare just wasn’t there as much as it should have been and I didn’t value the importance of looking after your skin….until 2016 where after investing more time into blogging I really started to see the real benefits of skincare and the vast amount of products out there.
So what’s the claim?
“With the Tria Age-Defying Laser you can treat multiple signs of aging, restoring your skin’s natural radiance. The Tria Age Defying Laser is a true revolution in personal skincare because it gives you professional anti-ageing laser treatment results through short, simple, daily treatments in the comfort of your own home. the laser light stimulates your bodies own natural renewal process, regenerating cells and producing new collagen.
The result is more youthful-looking skin with fewer fine lines and wrinkles, a more even colour and a smoother texture. Proven over a decade of clinical use and favoured by dermatologists, laser skin rejuvenation treats multiple signs of ageing safely and with better results than traditional anti-ageing creams and lotions. you will have visible results in as little as two weeks”
The Tria Age defying laser arrived really well packaged, it feels like an expensive piece of kit – as lets be fair it is! But I will get to that later. It comes in a box with sleeve and a user manual, charger, charging cradle and of course the Age Defying Laser itself. So far so good, it’s all looking promising. As far as first impressions on the look ans feel of the product it’s doing a good job for itself and I was excited to give it a try for the first time!
How to use the Tria Age Defying Laser
Before using the Laser is does actually say to read the instructions carefully and watch the ‘How to use’ video on Trias website. You need to ensure the laser is fully charged before first use.
- Prepare – First off you need to prepare your skin, so you need to wash and dry your face. Tria do say for best results then you should use their Tria Priming Cleanser to make the laser most effective as it removes all makeup and sun screen etc as anything left on the face can block the laser light, however I don’t have any of their specific cleanser so just use one of mine existing ones which seems fine.
- Treatment Level – Remove the laser from its charging cradle and turn it on and select the desired treatment level – medium, low or high. I of course started on low ad will gradually work my way up to high.
- Treat your Skin – You divide your face into 4 zones (see image above for zones). Each zone should be treated for an equal amount of time and the device will prompt you when its time to move to the next zone…so you need to concentrate as you don’t want to overdo it!
- How to use – To start using the laser, place the laser tip flat against your skin and slowly glide from side to side to cover the entire zone. Believe me you will feel it when it starts working! It rather took me by surprise at first!
- Settings -For the Low setting each zone should be lasered for 30 seconds, for the medium setting its 1 minute each zone and for the high setting its 2.5 minutes so it can be a super quick process of 2 minutes or a maximum of 10 minutes depending on the setting.
- Post Laser – After you have lasered I would highly recommend a serum or rose water spritz – as believe me your face will be tingling!
- Treatment cycle – Tria recommend that you do the treatment in the evening so it will give your skin chance to renew over night and for the redness you may experience to calm down over night. Tria recommends an 8 week course of treatment
Tria Programme Recommendations
Tria recommends that you use your laser once a day for 8 weeks, but does state that you may see visible results as soon as week 2! After the 8 weeks of lasering has passed they recommend a 4 week break to allow for cellular collagen regeneration. Then after this you can start the cycle all over again. So basically it’s a 12 week cycle.
It doesn’t state that you shouldn’t continue this cycle repeatedly so I’m guessing its just going to be an ongoing part of my skincare routine from now on. I tend to do mine when I’m watching TV and relaxing. In terms of the lifespan of the product Tria says its designed to work properly when used normally for 3 years. So I guess if you consider 3 years of lasering compaired to salon laser prices you will be saving a small fortune!
My Current Skin Condition
My skin type is combination, and I do have quite a few fine lines and wrinkles appearing now I am the wrong side of my mid 30’s. I’ve aged a lot since having children, and that’s partly down to lack of sleep, interrupted sleep, age and more than likely lack of water! I so need to work on hydrating my skin and body more. It’s a personal goal of mine.
I do have some enlarged pores and I do suffer with blemishes still – how am I at 36 still getting blemishes?! Argh!!! I suffer with thyroid issues so it does mean for me that my skin takes much longer to heal and my blemishes are often large and scar so one of the elements of the Tria I am so looking forward to is to see if it really improves skin tone and scars.
Most of my fine lines are around my eyes – crows feet or laughter lines I prefer to say, are probably the wrinkles that are coming the fastest these days so that’s an area I would really like to see an improvement on also, though I will say it’s quite tricky to get the Tria around those areas as it’s fairly large, but with some practice it’s just about manageable, however Tria do sell a specific eye wrinkle reducing laser which I would be intrigued to try.
As I have got older my skin is definately progressively losing collagen so I have high hopes for then Tria to live up to its claim.
Using the Tria Age Defying Laser
I’ve been using the Tria for about two weeks now and although for me it’s too early to say if I think it’s making a huge difference to my fine lines and wrinkles, I do genuinely belive my skin is looking better in terms of tone and I’m sure my scars are fading! The photos will be proof of this.
I have never really had many facials and have never had any laser treatments, this isn’t down to not wanting them, it’s purely down to not having the funds to do so. The Tria Age Defying Laser is clinically proven and created in collaboration with dermatologists and plastic surgeons that use the exact same technology as professional clinics and salons except for you get to do it sat at home chilling out and watching TV or relaxing on your bed.
Do for me the first time I used the laser I was quite shocked by how it felt on the skin. For some reason I didn’t think I would feel much. I was slightly off there! You do definately feel it, it’s like a tingly feeling, almost like pin pricks, it seems to feel more stingy in different places and the intensity goes up the higher the setting so it’s wise to build yourself up slowly through the settings. I’m still on the medium setting as I’m not quite brave enough to try the high setting! Afterwards I would say your face does go red, but don’t worry this is normal and almost feels like a mild sunburn. However it doesn’t last long and I just use a rosehip oil spritz and facial oil to calm and nourish my skin after. Though Tria do their own serum which they recommend.
I will come back with a mid way cycle post update with photos of how my skin started and how it looks, to show any progression. My partner is sceptical it will do anything but I’ve seen amazing results online and so far I’m liking the results and it really feels like I’m putting effort into my skin. It’s important to love the skin your in so make it the best it can be right?!
At £360 it is a lot of money to lay out so I’m hoping that it really does perform as well as it says it does. I was sent this product for review purposes but i’m not being oaid for this blog and all my opinions are 100% my own and my full review will be totally honest and the results will be based on visible results over the coming weeks.
Happy spring Dolls…enjoy the sunshine!